Empowerment Circles for 8-12yo.
The life of a tween (ages 8-12) is one filled with dynamic shifts in perception, thinking and understanding. This developmental stage is often overlooked yet is packed with intense emotions, confusion and changes that prepare your daughter for puberty.
This is an especially delicate time for our girls' self esteem, navigating friendships, managing anxiety and body image.
BUILDING STRONG FOUNDATIONS BEFORE THE TEEN YEARS
These monthly circles create support, invite discussion and explore relevant topics for girls to safeguard their wellbeing and give them a stronger sense of control over their inner landscape as they approach adolescence.
We explore topics covering each one from different angles to create a foundation of holistic support:
* Utilising scientific facts
* Shared knowledge
* Workshopping ideas together
* Unifying Breathwork
* Craft and creative expression
* Playful Movement
* Quality time grounded in nature
Your Warrior Tween will experience:
* Body Check In practices which help with stress and anxiety
* Grounding techniques to help re-centre her when she's feeling overly emotional
* Foundational breath work for stress relief
* Sacred ritual and songs
* Warrior girl play and games
* Exploring her own, unique creativity through craft
* Sit in our nature circle, be heard and acknowledged
* Seed Yoga (A seed holds the wisdom to grow into a tree. Your girl holds the wisdom to grow into an amazing woman).
FEB 24: EMOTIONAL REGULATION
The capacity to regulate our emotions is a lifelong practice.
Like riding a bike, the more we practise, the better we are at doing it.
This circle explores:
* Defining emotions
* Exploring nuance between emotions (eg: jealousy and anger at rejection)
* Coping strategies to suit you (journalling/being physical/vocal/space)
* Recognising when to ask for help/walk away/talk it out/leave it for another day
These strategies are powerful in their simplicity and girls this age need the skills to understand themselves and that they have a choice about their reaction.
MARCH 23: BODY GRATITUDE
LOCATION: Bay Rd Collective, Claremont
Access to social media is changing the way girls view themselves earlier than ever before.
The key ingredient to loving the skin you're in is:
* education around social media and advertising - what we see is not all real
(I was a fashion photographer so show the girls before and after photoshop/filters)
* Practising self care and gratitude leads to feeling more body positive
* Moving and playing more!
This circle focusses on what the girls bodies CAN do and disarms the power of social media through educating the girls on how women bodies are manipulated to be utterly unattainable.
Craft: Body Gratitude Cards and Clay sculpture
* * * *
Book 1 or more circles for ongoing support and mentoring.
One circle: $65/59
If choosing the SIBLINGS option please note which circle they are attending.
STRICTLY LIMITED SPACES FOR THESE EMPOWERING WORKSHOPS.